[OE-core] bitbake error

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Jan 14 23:45:35 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-14 10:24, johan wadefalk wrote:
> Hi
>
> My target HW is a Wandboard-quad and I have followed this tutorial (http://wiki.wandboard.org/index.php/Getting_started_with_Yocto_on_Wandboard).
>

> My host system is gentoo which isn't a validated system for yocto but if someone can help me anyway I would be very happy.
> I have downgraded make from 3.82 to 3.81 because I couldn't find a patch for 3.82.
>
> When I try to bitbake the 1.5 DORA branch it fails on eglibc(shlib.lds:150).
>

> Here is the log: http://tny.cz/766db2d2

This email probably belongs on the Yocto list since it's more user-oriented.

Anyway, I just ran this same scenario with no problems on the master branch.
You might try that.

One thing that might be different - I used the Yocto toolchain package from
   http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-1.5/toolchain/
to get the right version of make, etc.  That also might help you.

> I work as a software developer but I have very little Linux experience.

I wonder why you are using gentoo which is not validated for Yocto?  Ubuntu
and Fedora are much friendlier and are known to work.

I wouldn't wish that (gentoo) on my worst enemy, let alone a Linux novice!