[OE-core] [oe-commits] Robert Yang : autogen-native: upgrade to 5.18.2

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Jan 20 23:56:27 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-20 at 10:29 -0800, Darren Hart wrote:
> Reverting the patch allows me to move forward, but yes, I'm surprised we
> aren't seeing more build failures.... I wonder what makes us special?

For some reason I still don't have the email I can see you sent from the
list archives. What is interesting is that:

a) you have gcc 4.6, I have gcc 4.8
b) the error appears to come from error.h in SCM_NORETURN definitions
c) the config log for autogen shows different results for
   "checking for working stdnoreturn.h", yes in my case, no in yours.

The definition of SCM_NORETURN is from __scm.h:

#define SCM_NORETURN __attribute__ ((noreturn))

and the dummy stdnoreturn.h that autogen would generate does:

#define noreturn _Noreturn

and then _Noreturn.h defines:

#  define _Noreturn __attribute__ ((__noreturn__))

so I think what is happening is there is double macro overlap with

#define SCM_NORETURN __attribute__ ((noreturn))

becoming

#define SCM_NORETURN __attribute__ ((__attribute__ ((__noreturn__))))

How we fix it I have no idea. We should check and see if someone fixed
this upstream to start with. Robert, now we know what to look for, can
you help?