[OE-core] ROOT_HOME: /home/root

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Wed Jan 29 16:23:40 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:

> Op 29 jan. 2014, om 16:04 heeft Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Op 29 jan. 2014, om 13:39 heeft Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> het volgende geschreven:

>>> You mean OE, right? Yocto is 10^-something, the Yocto *Project* is an umbrella project contain lots of things, among which is OE, which can build a distro for you.
>>
>> No, I mean Yocto.
>
> So 10^-24. I have no idea how to convince the SI that 10^24 needs a home directory switch.

I am not sure what you mean, really, but either way: I would prefer
getting back on track.

>> I am not directly concerned about OE as I am not a direct user. I
>> would like to fix this in Yocto itself. It is fine if it is fixed in
>> OE proper or worked around in Yocto.
>
> Inconceivable!
>
> I think you are confusing 'Yocto Project' and 'Poky' here. I Please read up on what words mean before using them.

... or just listen to the user what he is writing... :-) I am a user
of Yocto project. I am reporting issues against Yocto, on the Yocto
issue tracker, etc. Fwiw, I am not even planning to use the "Poky"
distribution...

Either way, I do not wish to continue arguing over these words because
it is not that useful for anyone IMHO.

I would prefer more input about the actual proposal.