[OE-core] curious about why bitbake.conf setting of FILES_${PN}-bin

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Jul 15 15:49:54 UTC 2014

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014, Saul Wold wrote:

> I just did a basic search and could not find any reference and I
> know that PACKAGES/FILES is "greedy" meaning once a file is consumed
> by a FILES entry it's not available again.  Should probably be added
> to the PACKAGES and / or FILES.

  i *know* i've read that before somewhere, just don't remember where.
the only reference i've seen recently is, coincidentally,
lib_package.bbclass:

#
# ${PN}-bin is defined in bitbake.conf
#
# We need to allow the other packages to be greedy with what they
# want out of /usr/bin and /usr/sbin before ${PN}-bin gets greedy.
#
PACKAGE_BEFORE_PN = "${PN}-bin"

  anyone know if it's somewhere in one of the yocto manuals?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca