[OE-core] debian.bbclass doesn't work in some setups Was: [oe-commits] Ross Burton : package.bbclass: add a stub implementation of package_name_hook

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Jul 23 22:32:56 UTC 2014

On 22 July 2014 17:26, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> 16:42 < rburton> JaMa: try moving debian after package_ipk
> 16:43 < rburton> (maybe we need an inherit package in debian)?
>
> 16:45 < JaMa> sorry, I've already started different build
>
> 16:46 < rburton> np
> 16:47 < rburton> easily tested outside of a build, i'll have a go in a bit
>
> since then I'm building with this change reverted

Moving debian to before package_ipkg does indeed replicate the problem
with an otherwise pure oe-core.  Adding "inherit package" to the top
of debian.bbclass appears to fix it - presumably because in your case
with the inherit order of debian and then package_ipk the second
definition of package_package_name_hook wins.

(export_functions isn't very nice, is it)

Patch incoming.

Ross