[OE-core] Specifying MACHINE inside distro config only

Yevhen Kyriukha kirgene at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 06:55:20 UTC 2014

I have several distro config files. I bind each of them to single machine
like this:

# cat conf/distro/mydistro.conf

DISTRO = "mydistro"
DISTRO_NAME = "My Distro"
DISTRO_VERSION = "1.01"
MACHINE = "cedartrail"

I also created "conf/auto.conf" file with following content:
DISTRO = "mydistro"
to specify distro to build.

The problem is that without specifying MACHINE in "conf/auto.conf" I get
following error:

ERROR:  OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential
misconfiguration.
    Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the
checker (see sanity.conf).
    Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

    TUNE_ARCH is unset. Please ensure your MACHINE configuration includes a
valid tune configuration file which will set this correctly.
Error, the PACKAGE_ARCHS variable does not contain TUNE_PKGARCH
().Toolchain tunings invalid:
No tuning found for default multilib.

I use a script to change distro (in "auto.conf") and each distro knows its
machine to build for. So specifying MACHINE in "auto.conf" isn't desirable.

Can someone tell what did I miss?

--
Best regards,
Yevhen