[OE-core] [oe-commits] Cristian Iorga : qemu: fix qemu-native pkg-config paths

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Jul 30 14:11:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-07-30 at 16:05 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 02:28:28PM +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > On Wed, 2014-07-30 at 11:32 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> >
> > I'm assuming in your case, you probably either don't have or care about
> > SDL at all, or you have sdl-config available?
>
> Correct, it's just build server where I'll never use runqemu to run the
> image, but I need to build usable qemu-native to generate read-only
> images (e.g. for fontcache.bbclass).

Ok, fair enough. We should be able to make this work then.

> > So what really needs to happen here is that running the command needs to
> > become non-fatal as far as I can tell?
>
> Yes, non-fatal and if possible deterministic (AFAIK this whole block could be
> included in PACKAGECONFIG contains "sdl" conditional and applied only
> when /bin/pkg-config or /usr/bin/pkg-config exists)

That is a step beyond the patch I've sent, it would be a nice
improvement though.

> There was also request to provide libsdl-native
> http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/63477/
>
> then qemu-native could just build this libsdl-native as dependency for
> PACKAGECONFIG sdl instead of assuming that the host system has
> undeclared libsdl-native dependency.

Its very hard to make a libsdl-native work properly when you consider
things like GL which is why I'd really prefer to ignore libsdl-native if
we can. I certainly do not want the bugs about GL support being broken
in it which are where this leads :(