[OE-core] [backport to Daisy] dbus: fix a hard dependency about dbus-ptest

Javier Viguera javier.viguera at digi.com
Mon Jun 16 15:10:08 UTC 2014

Hi Ross,

On 16/06/14 15:31, Burton, Ross wrote:
> If you'd be willing to backport the patch, verify that it works, and
> send it to the list, then that would be much appreciated and speed
> integration.

Attached the obvious cherry-pick of the commit from *master* with a
basic conflict solved. But I don't think this is acceptable in an
already-released stable branch "Daisy" as it involves a recipe rename
(dbus-ptest_1.6.18.bb => dbus-test_1.6.18.bb) that probably will break
the projects of current users of yocto Daisy.

Instead, would a basic change like the following be enough?:

-RDEPENDS_dbus = "${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'ptest',
'dbus-ptest-ptest', '', d)}"
+RDEPENDS_dbus = "${@base_contains('PTEST_ENABLED', '1',
'dbus-ptest-ptest', '', d)}"

This does not change any recipe name so it seems suitable for a bug-fix
only branch but unfortunately this goes beyond my skills in Yocto and
ptest framework so any advise would be appreciated.

-
Javier Viguera
Software Engineer
Digi International® Spain S.A.U.