[OE-core] How to find out why shared sstate is not being used for a recipe

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Tue Jun 3 05:35:08 UTC 2014

On 06/03/2014 07:25 AM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
>> Worst case, you can pull the siginfo files from one build and the
>> siginfo files from the sstate mirror and then see which ones are
>> different, then run bitbake-diffsigs X Y to compare the two files.
>
> How do I find what to pull? I have (ssh) access to both machines. The
> sstate-cache dir contains a bunch of two-digit directories and a gazillion files.
>
> I could just copy the whole thing to one machine, there's gigabit between
> them, but then what do I do with these files?

mike:~/zynq_platform/build$ find sstate-cache -name
'*fpga-image-miami*.siginfo' | wc -l
480

Suppose I copy them. Where do I copy them to, and what do I do with these 480
files to tell me why the system insists on rebuilding this package?

Mike.

PS: I really really want to find out. Several of these FPGA recipes take 3.5
hours to build on the fastest i5 we could buy. So you can imagine we really
want to prevent having to build it more than once.

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Mike Looijmans

TOPIC Embedded Systems
Eindhovenseweg 32-C, NL-5683 KH Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: (+31) (0) 499 33 69 79
Telefax:  (+31) (0) 499 33 69 70
E-mail: mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Website: www.topic.nl

Visit us at MEDTEC Europe 3-5 June, Messe Stuttgart, stand number 5D20
http://medteceurope.com/index.php?page=home-en