[OE-core] OE build of qemux86 fails for linux-yocto: undefined reference to `.LASF1122'

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Jun 24 20:25:02 UTC 2014

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> >
> >   doing a test build of core-image-minimal for qemux86 using current
> > git pull of openembedded-core, and got:
> >
> > |   LD      init/built-in.o
> > | drivers/built-in.o:(.debug_info+0x106096a): undefined reference to
> > `.LASF1122'
> > |
> > /home/rpjday/oe/builds/oe/qemux86/tmp-eglibc/work/qemux86-oe-linux/linux-yocto/3.14.5+gitAUTOINC+602be954ac_41d5fe27dc-r0/linux/Makefile:827:
> > recipe for target 'vmlinux' failed
> > | make[2]: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
> > | Makefile:133: recipe for target 'sub-make' failed
> > | make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
> > | Makefile:26: recipe for target 'all' failed
> > | make: *** [all] Error 2
> > | ERROR: oe_runmake failed
> >
> >   i'm about to try again to make sure it wasn't a transient glitch,
> > but has anyone else seen this?
>
> builds here, and on the autobuilders.

  i just finished doing

  $ bitbake -c clean linux-yocto
  $ bitbake linux-yocto

and, suddenly, all is well. this happens every so often, and i think
it's related to too much parallelism -- i have a hyperthreaded quad
core so up to eight tasks can be running at once and, every so often,
i think i just hit some weird race condition. if i clean and retry, it
almost always works. just thought i'd ask in case it was an actual
glitch while my rebuild was crunching away.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca