[OE-core] Adding meta-networking layer to Yocto

Robert Yang liezhi.yang at windriver.com
Mon Jun 30 05:50:11 UTC 2014

On 06/30/2014 01:39 PM, Himanshu Pandey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please tell me how to add meta-networking layer to Yocto.
>
> What all steps are involved?

Please refer to conf/bblayers.conf, it should be something like:

BBLAYERS = "\
	[snip]
	/path/to/meta-networking \
	[snip]
"

to add the meta-networking layer.

> Which all files to configure etc.

The recipes in the meta-networking will be parsed (not built by default),
if you want to add packages to the image, you can use:

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "<pkg name>" (e.g.: ntp)

to conf/local.conf

// Robert