[OE-core] Cape Manager

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Mon Jun 30 08:15:07 UTC 2014

* Robert Yang <liezhi.yang at windriver.com> [140630 05:47]:

> On 06/30/2014 12:24 AM, Life Life wrote:
> > Hello,

> > I'm trying build yocto based linux, My hardware is beaglebone black I
> > successfull build system image. But I can't see capemanager. Beacuse my lcd is
> > not work.

> Hello,

> The cape manager is in meta-ti layer:

> http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-ti/

> Seems that we'd better add it to meta-yoco-bsp ?

Unless something has changed since I last looked at this, I don't think
so.

If I remember correctly, capemgr basically consists of a number of
patches not in the mainline kernel (and also not in TI's staging
kernel). I haven't checked it, by I doubt that we have them in the
linux-yocto kernel. (Especially as the last time I checked it, you had
to revert to a 3.8 (if I rember correctly, it might have been an even
earlier kernel) kernel to get full capemgr support.

If this has changed, then it'd be interesting to know!

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander