[OE-core] error-report-web django-nvd3 version

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 6 10:27:24 UTC 2014

Hi Martin,

On Thursday 06 March 2014 02:31:31 Martin Jansa wrote:
> can you be more specific about django-nvd3 version required by
> error-report-web?
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/error-report-web/tree/README
>
> with 0.6.* it was complaining about missing kw_args param in load_chart
> calls, older versions were complaining about other changes.

I'm not sure of the original version, but FWIW I did make a fix for this
problem with 0.6 in the layer index the other day that might be useful
as a reference:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/layerindex-web/commit/?id=5aa533b678a2a60f989e4686e0880e24761a9aca

As you can see I found I needed to update the d3/nvd3 js files at the same
time.

> I'm testing it (currently without graphs) in order to extend it to collect
> some build metrics and statistics from our builds (like every jenkins build
> and very local developer build will upload back description of HW, build
> times and other metrics so we can better evaluate icecc, sstate reuse ratio
> etc).
>
> If something like that would be useful for upstream I can eventually
> contribute it back.

Seems reasonable to me, as long as it doesn't get in the way of handling
error reports.

> I've also updated the .bbclass to read all "configuration" from bb data
> and to upload the report after every build (sort of like tinderbox,
> oestats bbclass worked), that way is easier for us to globally enable it
> for all builds in our distro config without any interaction from
> developers.

As long as this is an option and not on by default (and ideally make it
a trinary switch so you can decide to send just errors automatically)
this should be OK also. Showing some kind of notification that it's doing
it would be a good thing as well I think.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton