[OE-core] [dylan] Backport request

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Fri Mar 14 18:34:24 UTC 2014

I'm stuck using Dylan for a project as I need a 3.2 series kernel.
Building on my current development machine I ran into two failures:

eglibc-initial, do_configure: Make 4.0 isn't recognised

This can be fixed by backporting
a678243d6e4add90c1e9459da42de34d3724db5d (already in Dora).

linux-yocto_3.2: do_patch: Unsupported version of git (1.9.0)

I fixed this by removing git-native from ASSUME_PROVIDED in
meta/conf/bitbake.conf so that git-native-1.8.1.4 was built and used.
That isn't something we should commit in Dylan but may be useful for
others to know the solution if they run into the same problem.

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk