[OE-core] [dylan] Backport request

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Fri Mar 14 19:37:43 UTC 2014

On 14 March 2014 19:16, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Chris Larson <clarson at kergoth.com> wrote:
>> You'll be amazed how many headaches you can save having the host environment
>> be a known quantity :)
>
> absolutely
> I cant agree more.
> -Khem

I used to do this with a separate build VM but after a hardware
re-arrange I don't have the spare machine anymore. I've never used
containers before but I've read plenty about them. Just setup Ubuntu
Server 12.04 in a container and I'm going to see if I can get the
builds running in this.

I still think the backport of the fix for eglibc-2.17 with make
version > 4.0 is worth doing, but this route gives me a more stable
build environment anyway.

Cheers for the advice!

--
Paul Barker