[OE-core] OpenEmbedded and musl-libc

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Fri Mar 21 12:34:24 UTC 2014

Hi all,

musl-libc hit version 1.0.0 yesterday and is starting to look good to
me. It's basically a really small but very functional libc that would
suit embedded environments very well as an alternative to
eglibc/uclibc. I'm personally very interested in using it in my
projects and I also think it could fit in well with the aims of
poky-tiny.

http://www.etalabs.net/compare_libcs.html gives some pretty useful info.

I'm basically emailing to see if anyone else is interested in this or
if anyone has looked at using it before in OpenEmbedded as a google
for previous discussions didn't turn anything up.

I'm currently very busy between various projects so I don't have time
to hack together a musl-libc recipe myself but I should have time to
help test it.

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker