[OE-core] OpenEmbedded and musl-libc

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Fri Mar 21 14:37:16 UTC 2014

On 21 March 2014 13:10, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> On 21 March 2014 12:34, Paul Barker <paul at paulbarker.me.uk> wrote:
>> I'm currently very busy between various projects so I don't have time
>> to hack together a musl-libc recipe myself but I should have time to
>> help test it.
>
> I saw that yesterday too and thought it could be interesting for
> Yocto.  I'm curious as to why it's better than uclibc though
> (genuinely curious, I know little about uclibc beyond "it's smaller").
>
> Ross

Looking at what they say: Better standards compliance, different
license, better for static linking, full UTF-8 support, strong
fail-safe guarantees.

I am taking that at face value as I haven't really done my own
comparison of glibc/uclibc/musl. I've been following the news of musl
development for a while though and I like the direction they're
heading in.

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker