[OE-core] [RFT] gcc 4.9

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 08:35:18 UTC 2014

Hi

gcc 4.9 release is coming in summer therefore I have put together the recipes here

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-4.9

So far my testing has been booting angstrom/systemd-image on all supported
qemu machines (except qemumips64 where there is a know kernel issue) both eglibc/uclibc
images

we would like to target them for 1.7 release so if you have cycles to test out
your image/machine combos please do so I would be interested in feedback and would accumulate fixes in this branch

If you run into some issues with some packages then its recommended to go through

http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.9/changes.html

and especially http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.9/porting_to.html

Which could help in cooking patches

Thanks