[OE-core] Features in Yocto Project 1.7

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Mar 24 16:00:43 UTC 2014

As development on 1.6 finishes up, its time to think about what we
should be doing in the 1.7 cycle.

I think from my perspective, in 1.7 I'd like to see us looking at
"Developer Workflow". Its a generic topic which I think covered multiple
areas (in no particular order):

* the ADT/SDK and how it intergrates into the rest of the system
* toaster
* python devshell
* exteralsrc.bbclass
* memory resident bitbake
* how a standalone app developer might build an image
* locked sstate

and probably more I'm forgetting.

If anyone does have things they plan to work on, or ideas for things
that should be worked on, please do file enhancement requests in the
bugzilla:

https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/