[OE-core] [oe] initial support for musl libc with OE/Yocto Project

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Thu Mar 27 12:53:08 UTC 2014

On 26 March 2014 22:12, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> On 26 March 2014 22:04, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There were interest in other threads in having musl as an alternative
>> to eglibc/uclibc that we already have in OE, in that direction I have
>> poured in my on and off work and put it into a contrib tree
>
> Blimey Khem that was quick. :)

Agreed!

I wonder if it's worth splitting this out into its own layer though
(with fixes done via bbappends) so that it's easy for multiple people
to contribute to. It would also mean it doesn't need rebasing onto
master all the time.

I'd definitely like to get involved with this. In particular I can
ensure opkg (both current release and development branch) work with
musl and see if some of my preferred software from meta-oe will build
(vim, htop, etc).

Many thanks,

--
Paul Barker