[OE-core] Quality of meta-oe metadata

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Sun Mar 30 16:09:07 UTC 2014

On 30 March 2014 02:31, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are always 20+ failed tasks in those
> big builds and just reading the numbers isn't good indicator of quality,
> because sooner you break something in dependency tree, fewer recipes will
> be actually tested, so fewer failed tasks often means that something
> important is broken.

Sorry to double reply but had a thought on this one thing in particular.

Is there any way to list recipes (or tasks) which weren't executed
because a dependency failed? I know we see this at the start of the
build if dependencies can't be satisfied, I'm thinking tasks with
satisfied dependencies but then those dependencies fail.

Being able to see that chain for each build may help us prioritise. It
would also show whether a failure disappearing was due to the issue
being fixed or the recipe no longer being attempted due to a new
failure somewhere else.

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker