[OE-core] Recipes erroneously marked as "commercial"?

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Tue May 6 20:00:46 UTC 2014

So, long time ago we had a short list of "commercial" packages in a global
variable COMMERCIAL_LICENSE:

COMMERCIAL_LICENSE ?= "lame gst-fluendo-mp3 libmad mpeg2dec ffmpeg qmmp"

Then, at some point, the packages that depend on commercial ones were added to
the list, to allow wold builds to be successful:

http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=c69453fe94a649c518b0e6d79616f05579b864ce

So, the list was appended with this:

COMMERCIAL_LICENSE_DEPENDEES ?= "gst-plugins-ugly libomxil gst-openmax"

Then, later on, the feature was changed from a global list to a per-recipe
flags:

http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=a2760661b8c7a4a1b6f2e556853b3a9ae38cbcb5
http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=43410523a07d9eb52a7d57ae3dc1cc320cbbc6f9

And all those recipes got marked with LICENSE_FLAGS = "commercial"
automatically, even if they are not really commercial.

The question is - should we clean those up now? I can send a quick patch, if
my understanding above is correct.

--
Denys