[OE-core] Ensuring a task is re-ran when local.conf is updated

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sat May 3 09:08:08 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-05-03 at 10:03 +0100, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 2 May 2014 23:07, Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> > It may well do and I've realised the issue:
> >
> > codeparser.py:
> > class PythonParser():
> >     getvars = ("d.getVar", "bb.data.getVar", "data.getVar", "d.appendVar", "d.prependVar")
> >
> > we probably need to change this to an .endswith(".getVar", ".appendVar",
> > ".prependVar") type check...
>
> Could this be the root-cause of so many instances where we've had to
> add explicit hints that variables should be added to the hash?

Is there really "so many"?

In each case we've seen its been due to the code being python that the
parser can't expand. A simple example that trips it up:

a = "FOO"
d.getVar(a)

We've only added in fixups where the missing variables were adequately
explained. The other set of things we manually tune are exclusions since
there are some variables like the build path that we want to actively
exclude.

However the majority of the accesses we make are simple and the parser
can find them...