[OE-core] oe-selftest developer oriented improvements

Trevor Woerner trevor.woerner at linaro.org
Sat May 3 15:14:45 UTC 2014

Hello,

This sounds like a great addition!

On 23 April 2014 05:26, Stoicescu, CorneliuX
<corneliux.stoicescu at intel.com> wrote:
> 1)   Testing recipes updates or new recipes
> (any experience from common recipe build fails can be helpful here)

I recently stumbled on a situation where doing a clean on a recipe did
not remove its artifacts from the sysroot (or some variation of
"clean" that is supposed to remove such artifacts). Making sure this
step works correctly would be a nice test to automate.

> 3)  Stress testing

Being able to catch incomplete DEPENDS would be great. And maybe even
being able to catch bloating DEPENDS would be good too. I have
sometimes come across DEPENDS lines that include more things that
required (which I assume is just carry-over from older versions).
Having the correct DEPENDS would help builds to succeed and also
improve the scheduling.