[OE-core] Upgrade to a package with all its dependency without network

Marco koansoftware at gmail.com
Mon May 5 14:16:46 UTC 2014

Hello,
I need to be able to upgrade to a package with all its dependency chain
on a target system that does not have access to the network.

I'm trying to understand what may be the best and also the simplest
solution.
Perhaps there is already this functionality in OE/Yocto?

I thought to implement a new opkg feture so that I can to generate the
list of dependencies of a package and then extract the packages from
OE/Yocto using a script or an application.

Another possibility would be to extend the operation of bitbake so I
pull out the package and dependencies putting them in a dedicated
directory to be moved on the target for the update.

For now I'm just analyzing what may be the possibilities and I'd love to
have any comments or advice from someone more experienced than me on
this topic.

Thanks
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
  embedded and real-time software engineering