[OE-core] daisy: System crash running grub-efi on 64 bit machine

Ricardo Ribalda Delgado ricardo.ribalda at gmail.com
Tue May 6 13:20:19 UTC 2014

Hello

I have just ported my build system to daisy and I am unable to boot
from grub-efi. As soon as the grub binary is loaded by uefi, the
system freezes. The error can be reproduced on virtualbox.

Since it is even before the kernel is loaded, and no error message is
given I don't know which will be the easiest way to debug the issue. I
hope that the log message from virtualbox can give you a hint of the
issue: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7ffd78aa3aada41801fe .

It could be a toolchain issue, because if I build the same code (even
with the patches) with Debian's gcc everything works as expected.

If anyone needs the .vdi file I will be more than happy to share it.

Thanks!

--
Ricardo Ribalda