[OE-core] Daisy backports of opkg fixes

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Thu May 8 18:38:27 UTC 2014

Saul,

opkg 0.2.2 missed inclusion in daisy as it was released too late but it did fix
a couple of important bugs (with opkg issue numbers in brackets):

- Fix '--force-reinstall' flag so that it acts as an upgrade rather than
  removing possibly critical packages before reinstall (issue 71)

- Symlinks are now correctly removed during package uninstall (issue 91)

Both of these could be beneficial to have in daisy. The first one in particular
prevents commands like 'opkg install --force-reinstall libc6' from completely
bricking a system.

As the stable branch policy forbids backporting the package upgrade, I'm happy
to add these fixes as patches which apply on top of opkg 0.2.1.

I'll let you decide if these are worth backporting first though before I do the
work.

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker