[OE-core] libmtp "Makefile.am: No such file or directory" build error

Charles Oram charles at oram.co.nz
Wed May 14 00:33:33 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am building an image using Yocto Project (dora branch) for the Cubox-i
and I am getting an error when trying to build libmtp.

Here is part of the log file (log.do_unpack) with the error:

DEBUG: Executing shell function skip_udev_rules_generation
sed: can't read Makefile.am: No such file or directory
WARNING: exit code 2 from a shell command.
ERROR: Function failed: skip_udev_rules_generation (log file is located at
/home/charles/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/libmtp/1.1.5-r0/temp/log.do_unpack.14617)

libmtp_1.1.5.bb has the following in it:

skip_udev_rules_generation () {
    sed -i -e '/^noinst_DATA=/,/util\/mtp-hotplug -H/d' Makefile.am
    cp ${WORKDIR}/69-libmtp.rules ${S}/
}

but it looks to me like it should be:

skip_udev_rules_generation () {
    sed -i -e '/^noinst_DATA=/,/util\/mtp-hotplug -H/d' ${S}/Makefile.am
    cp ${WORKDIR}/69-libmtp.rules ${S}/
}

i.e. with ${S}/ path to Makefile.am.

With this change it builds (not sure yet wither it runs as I have other
build errors to fix).
I'm still learning about Yocto and OpenEmbedded - does this fix look right?

regards,
Charles