[OE-core] My thoughts on the future of OE?

Barros Pena, Belen belen.barros.pena at intel.com
Thu May 15 09:58:51 UTC 2014

On 05/05/2014 04:39, "David Nyström" <david.nystrom at enea.com> wrote:

>How do I trace a buggy package
>installed on my target rootfs, back to an item in the locked sstate?

FWIW, you should be able to do that with Toaster, as long as you know
which one is the buggy package :) With Toaster you can navigate the build
process, from the package, to the recipe, to the tasks executed by the
build system for that recipe. As part of the tasks information, Toaster
will show you which tasks reused which sstate objects. So effectively you
can trace any package to the corresponding sstate object(s).

Cheers

Belén