[OE-core] How to find out why shared sstate is not being used for a recipe

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Tue May 27 06:58:27 UTC 2014

I have a deja-vu feeling about this question.

I have this recipe:

https://github.com/topic-embedded-products/meta-topic/blob/master/recipes-bsp/fpga/fpga-image-miami.bb

Which includes this one:
https://github.com/topic-embedded-products/meta-topic/blob/master/recipes-bsp/fpga/fpga-image.inc

I have a build server that exports its sstate-cache directory through HTTP,
and a local host that attempts to use that sstate-cache. This works fine,
except for the recipe above. Building this recipe takes about 1 hour, so i
really really really want to share that state at any cost. As you can see,
I've done a big shotgun blast of "vardepdsexclude" to get the recipe to be as
common as possible. Still any host wants to build its own version.

How can I diagnose the REASON that my machine thinks it isn't building the
exact same thing as the build server?

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Mike Looijmans

TOPIC Embedded Systems
Eindhovenseweg 32-C, NL-5683 KH Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: (+31) (0) 499 33 69 79
Telefax:  (+31) (0) 499 33 69 70
E-mail: mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Website: www.topic.nl

Visit us at MEDTEC Europe 3-5 June, Messe Stuttgart, stand number 5D20
http://medteceurope.com/index.php?page=home-en