[OE-core] HEADS-UP: Master now has GCC 4.9 as default

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Thu May 29 17:08:09 UTC 2014

Folks,

We have been testing with GCC 4.9 in master_under_test for sometime now
and it's been passing local testing and sanity testing on the
autobuilder.  Since we have the final fix for a PPC ICE issue in place
now, we are moving to GCC 4.9 as the default in master for the 1.7 release.

Please be aware if this if you find some package failing unexpectedly.

Thanks to Khem and other for this effort!

--
     Sau!

Saul Wold
Yocto Component Wrangler @ Intel