[OE-core] runqemu + dhcp server

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue Nov 4 08:09:07 UTC 2014

Hello!

Recently I built a custom image which depended on a DHCP server to
configure Ethernet. runqemu with tap for networking doesn't provide one
at the moment, so ssh logins did not work.

Instead of customizing images for runqemu, I think it would be better to
adapt runqemu and uses images as on the target device. Attached two
patches which work for me. Is that of interest for inclusion upstream?

I suppose more work is needed, in particular around how to enable or
disable this feature. Patching the .bb files also leads to a (to me)
strange QA error. See the comments in the patches for details.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.