[OE-core] need help in qt environment setup

Alexander Varnin fenixk19 at mail.ru
Wed Nov 12 13:13:37 UTC 2014

Hello!
I am using yocto to build images and develop software for my freescale
imx53 board.

I need some help setting up environment for QT based software development.

My software requires qt4 (embedded) support.

There is several ways to use toolchain.

First, I can use toolchain from build directory where I've compiled
qt4-embedded recipe. There I create environment-setup script using command:

bitbake meta-ide-support

Second, I can build SDK for my image:

bitbake image-name -c populate_sdk

Third, I can use meta-toolchain-qt recipe to build QT containing SDK:

bitbake meta-toolchain-qte

The first two methods is most convenient for me, because I need some
additional libraries that is not included in meta-toolchain-qte. The
first method is better, because I develop software on the same host,
where yocto is located, so I don't need separate SDK installation.

However, only the last method produces environment settings for QT
placed in
/opt/poky/1.6.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/environment-setup.d folder.

Other two methods produce environment-setup scripts, but they don't
create sysroots/i686-linux/environment-setup.d folder. So QT environment
settings lacks from this installations.

The best way I would like to solve it, is to somehow make 'bitbake
meta-ide-support' generate environment settings for QT in my build dir,
so I can use my local (non-SDK) cross toolchain to build QT software.
How can I achieve it?

It is ok for me to use SDK as well, however, I want it to be my image
based SDK.

Thanks for any help.
Alexander.