[OE-core] Resetting PR for PR service

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Thu Nov 20 21:08:17 UTC 2014

Richard,

I'd misread your response and I tried -c cleanall and that didn't help.  I tried again this time disabling the PR service after the export, then "bitbake -c cleanall foo" followed by "bitbake foo".  I then got the errors stating the PR went backwards and the PR had reverted to what I was looking for.

I think this is a special case since there is no .0 added yet.  I suspect if I wanted to back up a PR that had a value already (such as going from .3 to .2) I could just change the value in the imported text and it'd do what I suspected.  I have a few more packages that were modified that I don't want the PR to change, so I have a few more items I could do some testing with.

> > 5. Imported the PR service data by calling "bitbake-prserv-tool import
> prserv_export.inc"
> > 6. Rebuilt package foo by calling "bitbake foo"
> >
> > After step 6, the resulting package name was still foo_1.0.0-
> r0.0_arm926ejste.ipk.  Is there a step I'm missing in reverting the PR value?
> >
> > On another note, I discovered that to import the prserv data the
> > filename needs to end with .inc, otherwise you get an error stating
> > that Bitbake does not know what to do with the file.  Or more
> > specifically, the file to be imported at least can't be a .txt
> > extension.  If there is a specific file extension needed for import,
> > I'd suggest the info be included on the PR Service wiki.
>
> That sounds like a good idea. You should be able to update the wiki?

I'll create an account on the wiki and do some edits.

Regards,
Bryan