[OE-core] [poky] bogus dependency from systemd to systemd-binfmt

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Oct 6 22:08:40 UTC 2014

On 29 September 2014 15:29, Andreas Schultz <aschultz at tpip.net> wrote:
> With the current recipes a dependency from systemd to systemd-binfmt is
> generated. systemd does work fine without systemd-binfmt and binfmt is
> not required for a working system. So, this dependency should not be there.

It's more than just a bogus dependency:

$ rpm -qpl systemd-binfmt-216+git0+5d0ae62c66-r0.26.corei7_64.rpm
/etc
/etc/binfmt.d
/lib
/lib/systemd
/lib/systemd/system
/lib/systemd/system/proc-sys-fs-binfmt_misc.automount
/lib/systemd/system/proc-sys-fs-binfmt_misc.mount
/lib/systemd/system/shutdown.target
/lib/systemd/system/systemd-binfmt.service
/lib/systemd/systemd-binfmt
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/binfmt.d

Pretty certain shutdown.target doesn't belong in systemd-binfmt!

Right now I can't see a reason to move unit files around and add
dependencies based on *conflicts*, so I'll send a patch removing that
path entirely unless someone has a counter-argument.

Ross