[OE-core] Multiple issues building from dizzy or master

Lauren Post Lauren.Post at freescale.com
Thu Oct 9 15:50:16 UTC 2014

I've narrowed down that 1 or 2 updates on poky from 9/16 are causing my problems.     If I revert only these 2 commits my build problems are resolved.

In our build script on Jenkins we always build kernel, then uboot with a force deploy then our image then we build the image.  I see the errors when we build the  image.  I believe the force deploy might be part of the problem.  We do that so in case of dirty builds we always guarantee the kernel and uboot in the images directory (although I hit this with clean builds every time).  On local machine if I only build image I never see the problem, only when I build locally with our build script.

This gcc revision I believe is causing the db and gcc runtime issues.
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?h=dizzy&id=14ace86d508a5bdbb8139ce6af09de4d89b44595

I also think this poky revision might be causing the fetch/unpack issues.  In this issue we fetch works based on log output, unpack fails and when I look at downloads I see the <package>.lock in the downloads directory.  Happens randomly on many components.  I'm doing a build with only gcc patch above to confirm if the unpack failures come back without this commit below reverted.
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?h=dizzy&id=7d80f8e9468253496a7097685aac8f468940a9c5

Unfortunately to verify this I've had to do several clean builds all over poky to narrow this down.  I'll further narrow down the 2 patches mentioned above.

All our builds set to the 9/16 commit before these patches work fine with no problems.  I've been using one Jenkins machine to narrow this down.

Lauren