[OE-core] State of bitbake world, Failed tasks 2014-10-10, QA issues

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 12:47:09 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 01:06:32PM +0200, Andreas Müller wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > lxdm-0.5.0+gitAUTOINC+07fb151a99: lxdm requires /bin/bash, but no
> > providers in its RDEPENDS [file-rdeps]
> >

> This is a false positive: I added bash to RDEPENDS in the last patch. Needs
> further investigation...

It's possible that your last patch wasn't yet included in this build.

The second question about QA warnings:

The world builds are using default set (distro-less config), you can
add/remove them by setting ERROR_QA, WARN_QA variables.

They are shown only when the recipe build isn't reused from sstate,
that's why I've included qa.log files from last 2 builds (the previous
one had some change which invalidated a lot of sstate).

The build-deps QA are even harder to reproduce, because you need to
build whatever was causing that floating dependency to be detected in
the sysroot before the build of the recipe with issue (that's why
test-dependencies builds first build "bitbake world" to populate
sysroot with as much as possible).

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com