[OE-core] wic debug suggestions

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 21 17:19:05 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-10-20 at 13:45 -0400, Philip Balister wrote:
> I'm trying to make an sd card using the sdimage-bootpart.wks file. I've
> made an image and dd'ed it to a card. The card has a good vfat
> partition, but the ext4 partition won't mount. Looks like bad
> superblock. I can format the partition manually, so partitions seem OK
> and card works.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for debugging this?

Hi Philip,

If you think there's a problem in the way wic is creating the
partitions, I'd suggest using the wic --debug option, which will show
you all the details of the underlying commands used to create the
partitions.

If that doesn't show anything obvious, please create a bug report and be
sure to include myself and Maciej, who added the new sdimage-bootpart
functionality you're having trouble with, in case it turns out not to be
some more generic problem in the tool.

Thanks,

Tom