[OE-core] Package Upgrading for 1.8

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Thu Oct 30 19:07:46 UTC 2014

On 30 October 2014 18:21, Saul Wold <sgw at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Just a reminder now that master is open again for patches, now is a great
> time to consider doing package Updates.  Based on some rough estimates from
> 1.7 we did around 300 updates from 34 contributors, that got us about 73%
> packages upgrades.
>
> We currently have about 180 packages due to be updated based on the Package
> Reporting from this last week, about 65 of those where not updated in 1.7 so
> should be given some priority (see attached file), there are also 10 that
> need maintainers, let me know if you are interested in any of them.

I don't see opkg, opkg-utils or libarchive in those emails or on
http://packages.yoctoproject.org/upgradepkgname. Any particular reason
they're missing?

I'll send an upgrade to opkg v0.2.3 tomorrow, then further upgrades
once they're available.

Once I've merged a patch by Jian Liu to opkg-utils there will likely
be an opkg-utils SRCREV update.

I have my eye on libarchive as well as I'm using it within the
development versions of opkg. I'm subscribed to their announcement
mailing list so I'll know when a new release is made.

Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk
http://www.paulbarker.me.uk