[OE-core] [oe] Style issue for recipes

akuster808 akuster808 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 15:41:32 UTC 2014

On 09/04/2014 08:03 AM, Robert Yang wrote:

> On 09/04/2014 10:12 PM, Burton, Ross wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Quick question of style for the community to bikeshed on:  in the
>> general case should recipes be split into foo_1.2.bb and foo.inc, or
>> should they only split to bb/inc if there are multiple versions and
>> generally there should just be foo_1.2.bb.
>
> I think that put the constants in .inc is helpful for upgrading, for
> example, the SUMMARY, DESCRIPTION, HOMEPAGE, SECTION, inherit and so on,
> they are unlikely to change when upgrade.

This is the same reason why I have split a bb into two parts when I
submit upgrades. I feel it makes reviewing easier the next time a
package gets upgraded. Trying to find the actual changes between a file
being deleted and the new one being added might lead to missing something.

If there are unintentional consequence by doing this, that is a problem.

- Armin