[OE-core] bzImage not included in rootfs

Chiz Chikwendu chiz.chikwendu at Haemonetics.com
Thu Sep 11 12:08:09 UTC 2014

I am new to Openembedded (and yocto).

I have built an image with poky build environment.

I noticed that the kernel's bzImage is not included in the rootfs.

How do I get the system to include "bzImage" in the rootfs (boot/bzImage-)?

I've done some research, and I saw a note about setting the parameter:

RDEPENDS_kernel-base = "zImage"

This should override the kernel settings and build the kernel into the rootfs. I tried it, however it is not working for me.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Chiz