[OE-core] busybox issue in latest dizzy

Matt Madison matt at madison.systems
Wed Apr 1 12:32:18 UTC 2015

I updated to the latest on dizzy and ran into an issue with busybox's
modutils commands failing, complaining about "no gzip/bzip2/xz magic".
I've tracked it down to this patch committed (cd20b3c) on the 21st:

busybox: libarchive: open_zipped() does not need to check extensions
Backport from busybox 1_22_stable branch:

I found a thread about this issue on the busybox mailing list archive,
and applied the patch in this message

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/busybox/2014-January/080389.html

which appears to have fixed the issue.  I can submit the patch, if this
isn't already being worked on.

Thanks,
-Matt