[OE-core] Performance regression (binutils and gold)

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 09:15:10 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 1:45 AM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> The question is therefore, do we have a better way to fix things? Is
> this performance drop acceptable?

binutils being part of toolchains is hardly rebuilt so often in
practice. it will be reused from sstate so I am less worried, what
will worry me more
is if ld and gold itself have regressed in linking speed.

We can make it so that we only enable gold for cross build but it will
make it more complex to remember whats enabled where