[OE-core] Clarification on backport and bugfix patch submittal process

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Mon Apr 20 12:42:33 UTC 2015

Last week I had submitted two patches (1f994e81717502fd9d3c2f69772ae8556e6de4cb and 433ec67686d6991d2d5f43fd1af957968da1971c) related to problems I had been having on the dizzy branch and was happy to see they were accepted.  However, I only see the patches on the dizzy branch and I think these changes are suitable for backport for all supported branches since the problem was introduced (which I think was introduced in dora).  I think I had included [dizzy] as a tag in the subject for the patches since that was the branch I had been working with.

I can see that there are cases in which a patch only applies to a particular branch (e.g. package version changes in the next branch, patch no longer applies) and there are cases in which the patch is applicable for master all the way back to a particular branch.  What is the suggested way of indicating the difference when submitting patches?

Thanks,
Bryan