[OE-core] iw in place of wireless-tools

Christopher Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Aug 19 17:43:27 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 4:56 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> On 19 August 2015 at 12:35, Otavio Salvador <
> otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>
>> Em 19/08/2015 12:26, "Burton, Ross" <ross.burton at intel.com> escreveu:
>> >
>> > And now for the elephant in the room: is anyone going to work on this?
>> :)
>>
>> I can ask our people to work on this.
>>
>> Is there a bug number to assign for me?
>>
> Not as far as I'm aware.  Note that M3 cut-off is fairly soon (August 23rd,
> technically) and this would count as a Feature so switching to iw would be
> out of scope for M4.

While we're at it, we should enable ip/ss/etc in busybox and decide whether
to keep netstat/ifconfig/route enabled there alongside them (I'd vote no,
personally, but don't feel very strongly about it), and drop net-tools from
full tools packagegroups in favor of iproute2.

If nobody else gets to it, I might be able to find the time.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com