[OE-core] Suggestion: sanity check for git branch value

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Thu Aug 20 09:55:33 UTC 2015

Em 20/08/2015 10:43, "Carlos Rafael Giani" <dv at pseudoterminal.org> escreveu:
> several recipes have SRC_URI lines like: "git://
server.name/repository;branch=${SRCBRANCH}". If for some reason SRCBRANCH
is empty, this essentially evaluates to "branch=". I think a simple sanity
check that outputs an error if the branch value is empty would be useful,
since otherwise, this leads to a very confusing error later (git fetcher
tries to use a command line like: --set-upstream origin/  , which causes
git to complain that "origin/" is not valid).

> thoughts?

I fully agree. It seems to need to be done in bitbake code.