[OE-core] Phonon is not available Qt 4.8.7

Alex M 0xf777 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 14:18:47 UTC 2015

Hello!
I have a piece of my custom software which is depends on Qt4 + Phonon +
gstreamer 0.1 and two years ago I had successfully built oe-core image.
Recent version of oe-core (19 Aug 2015) contain QT_PHONON ?= "-no-phonon"
option inside qt4.inc file. Why this option banned in default Qt 4
configuration? Also I do not see qt4-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer
package in recent version, which my software also requires. Other
gstreamer-0.1 components is fine and already built. What I should do to
activate Phonon support for Qt4 in oe-core?

Also I saw "Phonon for Qt5" meta layers in meta-qt5-extra however I don't
understand how it will work without "***-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer"?
Is this package required in case of "Phonon for Qt5"? Should I rewrite my
old Qt4/Phonon code for this?

Thank you for attention :)