[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW34

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Aug 21 15:23:54 UTC 2015

Current Dev Position: 1.9 Milestone 3 (M3)
Next Deadline: M3 cut off of August 24th at noon GMT

SWAT team rotation: Tracy -> Alejandro
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

  *   The autobuilder situation has become problematic as it appears some things we think are being built are not what is actually being built. We're looking into the scope of the issue, we're hoping it's contained within a small subset of builds and the milestone/master releases are not affected but this yet to be confirmed.
  *   We did add automated runtime testing of the SDK (-c testsdk) and automated runtime testing of LSB images which wasn't previously being tested. This significantly increases the automated coverage of project artefacts.
  *   We have a potential fix for the "qemu networking hang" which turns out to be a qemu serial port issue, thanks to Randy for figuring that out!
  *   We also have a lead on the systemd ttyS0 failure to start (thanks Anibal!) and a way to reproduce it but no fix yet for it.
  *   The autobuilder situation combined with everything else means patches are delaying being merged and the M3 release cutoff/feature freeze will be delayed.
  *   RP is on vacation for the second half of next week.

Key YP 1.9 Dates:
YP Final - 2.0 Cut off: Sept. 28, 2015 noon GMT
1.9 M3 Release Target: Before Sept. 11 2015
2.0 final Release Target: Before Oct. 30, 2015

Key Status Links for YP:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.9_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.9_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.9_Features

Tracking Metrics:
            WDD 1950 (last week 1889 )
(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com