[OE-core] [Openembedded-architecture] Patchwork & patch handling improvements

Tim Orling ticotimo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 21:58:57 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> On 2 December 2015 at 18:04, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm depending on bundles heavily, to "mark" the patches for layers with
>> dedicated maintainer and also for extra "status" like merged in
>> "master-next" branch for jenkins build, because standard status values
>> aren't fine-grained enough.
>>

> Sounds like instead of bundles the new patchworks needs the ability for a
> single list to represent multiple projects (so there'd be a meta-oe,
> meta-python, etc), and more status values.
>
> I agree with Ross that if we can get the functionality we truly need into
Patchwork--and JaMa can live with the result or help guide the
functionality--that we have a better path into the future.

Also, for what it's worth I vote for spaces only. We can provide editor
templates/settings to make it easy on the end users. There are languages
that require tabs, there are languages that require spaces. Deal with the
required tabs when the necessary evil arises.

--Tim