[OE-core] Packagegroup breaking sdk

Gerhard de Clercq gerharddeclercq at outlook.com
Sun Dec 6 14:48:22 UTC 2015

I am not sure why this is happening but it seems as if though the packagegroup class is causing generated SDKs to be corrupt on my system. I could run -c populate_sdk just fine on my system and image and the resulting SDK was just fine too.  The problem was that it did not include the needed Qt files. Now I know there is another mailing list for that but I don't think the problem lies there. I managed to get the Qt files added by adding TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK += "nativesdk-packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-host" to my image recipe. The problem is that this seems to corrupt the SDK installer script because with that it fails with "Setting it up...ls: cannot access /usr/local/simon/environment-setup-*: No such file or directory" before completing the install thereby rendering it useless. The contents of that file can be seen at https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/master/recipes-qt/packagegroups/nativesdk-packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-host.bb but I don't think it's important. I tried too delete parts of it in order to determine what was causing the problem and it seems that the "inherit packagegroup" line was causing the trouble and therefore there must be something wrong that class in oe-core. In other words any packagegroup recipe seems to cause this on my system. Now I realize that if this were a serious problem with openembedded-core that someone should have picked up on it already and I am therefore led to believe that it comes as a result of some peculiarity in my system. Does anyone have any idea what could cause the base recipe to behave like this?